Score: Hampden-Sydney 9, Lynchburg 2
Location: Lynchburg, Va. (Fox Field)
Records: Lynchburg 12-8 (4-3), Hampden-Sydney 13-7 (2-3)
Around the Horn
Lynchburg dropped a Wednesday afternoon game to the Tigers of Hampden-Sydney 9-2 on Fox Field, snapping a three-game winning streak.
- The Tigers would score on a Lynchburg error in the first inning to go up 1-0
- Hampden-Sydney would add two more runs in the fourth inning, with one of those runs coming off another Lynchburg error
- In the fifth inning, Lynchburg started to make a rally when sophomore Thomas Powell sent a sacrifice fly to centerfield to cut the deficit to just two runs
- Lynchburg trailed Hampden-Sydney 3-2 before the Tigers mustered up four runs off three hits to take a commanding 8-2 advantage in the the eight inning
- The Hornets were not able to mount a comeback as Hampden-Sydney added one more insurance run in the ninth inning to solidify the 9-2 victory
Inside the Box Score
- Sophomore Jake Conner had a solid outing for the Hornets as he went five full innings without allowing an earned run
- Blake went 3-4 for the Hornets
- Katona had a multi-hit game, going 2-4 with RBI
The Hornets will look to bounce back at home this Friday when they play #10 Tufts University (Ma.) at 2 p.m.