Owings Mills, Md. -- Lynchburg College's field hockey team got goals from four different Hornets, and the defense registered its third shutout of the season in a 4-0 non-conference win at Stevenson on Tuesday night.
Final: Lynchburg 4, Stevenson 0
Records: Lynchburg 10-3, Stevenson 5-7
Venue: Mustang Stadium, Stevenson University, Owings Mills, Md.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Jackie Lerro (Royersford, Pa.) scored the Hornets' first goal in the sixth minute, unassisted.
- Lynchburg didn't take long to add on after Lerro put them in the lead. One minute later, following a penalty corner, Kayla Copeman (Williamsburg, Va.) put a pass from Simpao into the back of the cage for a 2-0 Hornet lead.
- The Hornets tacked on a third first-half goal in the 32nd minute when Emily Dudley (Westminster, Md.) fed Simpao's goal. Simpao and Lerro currently share the Old Dominion Athletic Conference lead with 14 goals each.
- Lynchburg tacked on another in the 54th minute when Lerro assisted Isabella Eldridge's (Mount Pleasant, S.C.) score.
- Laurel Nicks (Yorktown, Va.) made three saves in goal for the Hornets.
Lynchburg returns home on Friday, Oct. 13 for a 3 p.m. ODAC date with Virginia Wesleyan.