Score: Lynchburg 67, Johns Hopkins 61
Location: Lynchburg Va. (Turner Gymnasium)
Records: Lynchburg 1-0, Johns Hopkins 0-1
40 Minutes Later: Hornets start off season with a thrilling win against Johns Hopkins Blue Jays after shooting 37.5% from beyond the arc in Turner Gymnasium.
- Sophomore Connor Schroeder led the way with 23 points, including four consecutive three pointers midway through the first half.
- Going on his own streak in the second half, senior Jay Allen made four back to back shots from behind the 3-point line, finishing the game with 18 points.
- Senior Lyndon White played a versatile role and was all over the court with six assists, two steals and seven rebounds.
Beyond the Stat Sheet
- Lynchburg caused 17 total turnovers, turning them into 13 points.
- Despite the Blue Jays dominating the scoring in the paint 34-18, the Hornets held the advantage in rebounds, 50-43.
- With nine minutes left in the first half, Lynchburg went on a 16-0 run to swing the momentum in their favor and take the lead at 25-16.
A Look Ahead
Next the Hornets will travel to Owings Mills, Md. to face Stevenson University in the Hoopsville Classic at 6pm this Friday, Nov. 18th.