Score: Lynchburg 101, Stevenson 80
Location: Owings Mills, Md. (Owings Mills Gymnasium)
Records: Lynchburg (2-0), Stevenson (0-2)
40 Minutes Later
Hornets improve to 2-0 after scoring a Hoopsville Classic record 101 points while shooting 50.7% from the field in a 21 point victory over Stevenson. The Hornets and Mustangs also set a Hoopsville Classic record for most combined points in a game with 181.
- Sophomore Connor Schroeder has made a big impact in his first two games, registering a double-double with his second-straight 20 pt game (8-14 FG) to go along with 10 boards
- All 17 Hornets saw the court and recorded a stat, while 13 different Hornets recorded at least one point
- Sophomore Devante' Young was all over the stat sheet with 12 points, seven assists, five rebounds, and four steals
Beyond the Stat Sheet
- Stevenson did not report all of their players in the scorebook pre-game so they were assessed a techincal foul and the Hornets led the Mustangs 1-0 before the opening tip even happened
- Lynchburg outperformed Stevenson down low, as the Hornets outrebounded (53-41) and outscored (37-28) the Mustangs in the paint
- The Hornets set school records for 3PT attempted and 3PT made in a game, going 18-42 from three-point land
- The largest lead for the Hornets was 30 which came with 6:25 left in the second half, while the Mustangs' was only four, coming just a minute and a half into the game
A Look Ahead
Day 2 of the Hoopsville Classic will pit the Hornets against the Pointers of Wisconsin-Stevens Point at 6pm on Saturday, Nov. 19th. The Pointers fell to 0-2 after losing to the #2 Captains of Christopher Newport University Friday night, 71-51.