Score: Lynchburg 73, Wis.-Stevens Point 83
Location: Owings Mills, Md. (Owings Mills Gymnasium)
Records: Lynchburg 2-1, Wis. Stevens Point 1-2
40 Minutes Later
Hornets drop their first game of the season after a late second half push falls just short against Wis. Stevens Point. Lynchburg was unable to overcome a 15-point deficit in the second half despite tying the game with just three minutes left.
- Senior Zack Burnett led all scorers with 24 pts (7-17 FG, 5-11 3PT)
- Senior Jay Allen was a spark off the bench with 10 pts, seven assists, and three steals
- From the field the Hornets shot 59.4% in the second half after shooting 26.9% in the first half
- Wis. Stevens Point had a balanced scoring attack with four players reaching double digits points
- The Pointers bench outscored the Hornets, 37-24
Beyond the Stat Sheet
- Lynchburg held a points in the paint advantage 34-14 even with Wis. Stevens Point outrebounding the Hornets 34-28
- Hornets were able to tie the Pointers at 65 with just 3:22 left in regulation
- Wis. Stevens Point went on an 18-8 run in the last three minutes after the Hornets knotted it up
A Look Ahead
The Hornets will stay on the road when they travel to Ferrum on Tues, Nov. 22 for a 4 p.m. tipoff against the Panthers.