Score: Lynchburg 81, Washington & Lee 63
Location: Lexington, Va. (Warner Center)
Records: Lynchburg 4-1, 1-0, Washington & Lee 1-4, 0-1
40 Minutes Later
Lynchburg used big shots from the three-point line for their first ODAC win of the season, 81-63 at Washington & Lee University. The Hornets held just a 2 point lead at halftime but weathered the Generals' storm and shot 51.5% from the field in the 2nd half, outscoring Washington & Lee 48-32.
- Sophomore Connor Schroeder recorded his third double-double of the season with 26 points and 11 rebounds, shooting 8-12 from beyond the arc
- Senior Zack Burnett added 17 points, 10 of them in the second half, while also dishing out 5 assists
- Senior Jay Allen racked up more than 10 points for the 4th time this season, contributing 15 points and going 5-5 from the free throw line
- Lynchburg turned the ball over just 10 times and picked up 18 points off 13 turnovers by the Generals. The Hornets put on a clinic from beyond 20 feet going 11-24 for 45.8%
Beyond the Stat Sheet
- The Hornets held the Generals scoreless for the first 7:08 of the first half and trailed once in the entire game (17:49 in the 2nd half)
- The defense clamped down with 5 steals while the offense turned the ball over just 10 times, the lowest total this season
- Schroeder continues to impress with his 3rd game over 20 points for a 20 points per game average and totaling 100 points on the season (3rd and 2nd in the ODAC respectively)
A Look Ahead
Lynchburg welcomes in the Hornets from the North, Shenandoah University, this Wednesday at 7:00pm from Turner Gymnasium for an Old Dominion Athletic Conference contest. Click here for live streaming, brought to you by LHSN.