Score: Shenandoah 74, Lynchburg 71
Location: Lynchburg Va. (Turner Gymnasium)
Records: Lynchburg 4-2 (1-1) , Shenandoah 4-1 (1-0)
40 Minutes Later: Lynchburg started off the game strong against Shenandoah with the lead going back and forth through regulation, but in OT Shenandoah made clutch shots helping them earn their first conference victory.
- Senior Lyndon White led the Hornets in rebounding snagging 10 boards and also recording two steals and four assists.
- With 18 points, senior Jay Allen headed the Lynchburg offense and also contributed with five rebounds and two assists.
- Coming out of half time, junior Logan Seacrist scored eight points in under three minutes, finishing the night with 15.
Beyond the Numbers:
- The battle of the Hornets was a back and forth affair with 12 lead changes and nine ties.
- Lynchburg caused 12 turnovers, turning them into 16 points.
- Shenandoah (35.7%) outshot Lynchburg (22.2%) from beyond the arc, but Lynchburg held the advantage in rebounds, 52-44.
- Lynchburg struggled from the charity stripe going 11 of 20 and are now shooting 53.8% on the year.
- After recording 14 assists Wednesday night, the Hornets are now averaging 17.2 assists a game, which is second best in the ODAC.
A Look Ahead:
The Hornets will be heading north to Quaker State to participate in the Juniata College Tournament against Case Western Reserve on Dec. 9th at 5pm. The following day Lynchburg will take on the winner of Juniata vs St. Joes at either 2pm or 4pm.