Score: Northern Ohio 105, Lynchburg 74
Location: Lexington, Ky. (Beck Center)
Records: Ohio Northern (5-4), Lynchburg (5-4)
40 Minutes Later
The Hornets outshot the Polar Bears from deep in the first half but that was about the only positive from the first half as Ohio Northern headed into halftime with 55-31 lead, thanks to a 65.6% shooting percentage from the floor. Lynchburg fought back to within 15 midway through the second half but the Polar Bears were a force down low and pulled away as the second half drew to a close.
- Senior Zack Burnett scored 22 points, 12 coming from beyond the arc and four from the free throw line
- Freshman Evan Clark tied a career high in minutes (20) and points (4)
Beyond the Stat Sheet
- Burnett fired off a season-high 21 shots in the loss Tuesday evening
- The Hornets recorded their second-highest 3PT percentage on the season at 45.5% (Highest @ Wash. & Lee, 45.8%)
- Despite being outscored in the paint, Lynchburg out-rebounded Ohio Northern, 33-32
A Look Ahead
In the Consolation Game of the Don Lane Classic, the Hornets will take on the Hawks of Huntingdon College at 3:00 p.m. Wednesday at the Beck Center on the campus of Transylvania University.