Score: Lynchburg 100, Huntingdon 63
Location: Lexington, Ky. (Beck Center)
Records: Lynchburg (5-4), Huntingdon (0-10)
40 Minutes Later
After dropping the opening game, the Hornets came back with a determination, routing the Huntingdon Hawks in the Consolation Game of the Don Lane Classic on Wednesday afternoon. The Hornets built a large lead quickly and never let the Hawks back in as they had success from beyond the three point line and dominated down low.
- Senior Zack Burnett led all scorers with 16 points, while adding five assists and a steal
- Sophomore Connor Schroeder posted his fourth double-double of the season, scoring 15 points on 6-14 shooting and swiped 10 boards
- Adding 15 points, three rebounds, a steal, assist and a block, junior Logan Seacrist helped Lynchburg dominate the paint
Beyond the Stat Sheet
- Lynchburg recorded their third straight game with double digit 3PTs and it is the sixth time they have done that this season
- Extending their lead to 40 at one point, the Hornets trailed only once which came early in the first half
- The Hornets outrebounded (46-31) and outscored the Hawks down low (46-26)
A Look Ahead
Lynchburg is back in action for their last non-conference game on New Year's Eve when they host the Cougars of Averett University. Tip-off is set for 2:00 p.m. in Turner Gymnasium.