Score: Lynchburg 94, Averett 81
Location: Lynchburg, Va. (Turner Gymnasium)
Records: Lynchburg (7-4), Averett (2-9)
40 Minutes Later
Trying to finish off 2016 with a victory, Lynchburg had their work cutout for them as they headed into halftime down seven. Averett shot a blistering 53.3% from beyond the arc in the first 20 minutes but the second half would be a very different story. Coming out of the break, the Hornets found a groove and were making just about every shot they took. The Cougars won the battle of the first half but the Hornets outlasted their opponent and walked away the victors in the Battle of Route 29.
- Senior Zack Burnett waited until the second half to do his damage, scoring 27 in the second half. The guard finished with 30 points (3-7 3PT), three rebounds and two assists
- Adding 20 himself, junior Logan Seacrist recorded a season-high in points and matched a season-high in rebounds with seven
- Freshman Chance Greene continues to garner time on the court after playing in a career-high 20 minutes, registering eight points and one assist
Beyond the Stat Sheet
- Freshman Evan Clark swiped a career-high seven rebounds
- Burnett is now fourth in the ODAC in scoring, averaging 16.9/game while sophomore Connor Schroeder grabbed four rebounds and remains in the Top 5 in rebounding/game (8.1)
- The Hornets are now 17-12 all-time against the Cougars and have won the past seven meetings
A Look Ahead
Along with the arrival of the New Year comes the bulk of conference play and Lynchburg will travel to Emory & Henry for a tough conference test on Jan. 4th. Tip-off is set for 7:00 p.m. in Emory, Va.