Score: Emory & Henry 102, Lynchburg 91
Location: Emory, Va. (John Rutledge King Center)
Records: Emory & Henry (8-4, 2-1), Lynchburg (7-5, 1-2
40 Minutes Later
In a rematch of one of the Semifinals of last year's ODAC Tournament, the Emory & Henry Wasps got the better of the Lynchburg Hornets in overtime, 102, 91. Despite the Hornets having four players score in double digits, two of which were 20+, the Wasps pulled away in the extra period to drop the Hornets.
- For the fifth time this season and the first time in 2017, sophomore Connor Schroeder scored 20+ points after finishing with 22 points and seven rebounds
- Senior Zack Burnett registered 21 points to go along with four rebounds, two assists and two steals
- For the fifth straight game, junior Logan Seacrist has recorded double digit points, netting 16 on Wednesday night
- Senior Lyndon White handed in his first double-double of the season, scoring a season-high 12 points while swiping 11 rebounds
Beyond the Stat Sheet
- Seacrist is now averaging 15.4 PPG in the last five game for the Hornets
- Three Hornets now sit in the Top 5 in statistical categories in the conference following the Wednesday night game. Burnett is 3rd in scoring (17.3 PPG), Schroeder is 4th in rebounding (8.0 RPG) and Seacrist is 3rd in FG% (56.5%).
A Look Ahead
The Hornets return home for a clash with the Royals of Eastern Mennonite on Saturday, Jan. 7th. Two of the top scoring offenses will tip-off at 2:00 p.m. in Turner Gymnasium.