Score: Lynchburg 104, Eastern Mennonite 74
Location: Lynchburg, Va. (Turner Gymnasium)
Records: Lynchburg (8-5, 2-2), Eastern Mennonite (7-6, 1-3)
40 Minutes Later
The scorebook keeper had a busy game as every player that dressed for the ODAC matchup between the Hornets and Royals saw time on the court. The Hornets built a quick lead in the first half and led at the break, 58-44. They began to distance themselves further in the second half and both coaches started subbing in bench players. With the sound of the final horn, Lynchburg had defeated Eastern Mennonite handsomely, 104-74.
- Senior Zack Burnett continued his scoring spell finishing with 20 points, complimented by four rebounds, five assists and three steals
- Finding a groove down low, sophomore Connor Schroeder scored all 14 of his points in the paint and snagged eight rebounds as well
- Scoring a career-high 12 points, freshman Chance Greene was on fire from beyond the arc, going 4-5 from deep
Beyond the Stat Sheet
- This is the fourth time in 2016 season that the Hornets have defeated an opponent by 30+ points
- With the 104 point outburst, the Hornets are now the top scoring offense in the ODAC
- The two team combined for 89 bench points
A Look Ahead
The latest edition of the Battle for Route 460 is next on the schedule for the Hornets. The men will travel to Roanoke College on Wednesday, Jan. 11 with the ODAC game set for a 7:00 p.m. tip-off.