Score: Lynchburg 89, Roanoke 87 (OT)
Location: Ronaoke, Va. (Cregger Center)
Records: Lynchburg (9-5, 3-2), Roanoke (6-7, 1-4)
40 Minutes Later
The last meeting between Lynchburg and Roanoke saw records fall as the Hornets topped the Maroons in 2OT, 160-156. Despite following up that game, the meeting between the two teams on Wednesday did not disappoint. The Maroons had a slim lead at half but the Hornets battled back and were up five with just under three minutes. Roanoke did not throw the towel in though and pushed the game into OT. The extra period was a thriller as the teams traded blows but the Hornets emerged the victors as a last second heave by the Maroons just rimmed out as the final buzzer sounded.
- Senior Zack Burnett is now averaging just under 24 PPG in the past four games, registering 24 points and four rebounds
- Showing his diverse skill set, junior Logan Seacrist drained two three pointers and went 5-8 from the floor, finishing the night with 14 points
- Earning the first career start in his young career, freshman Chance Greene scored eight points and dropped five dimes while sophomore Devante' Young helped the cause with nine points and two assists
Beyond the Stat Sheet
- For the first time this season, the Hornets had a duo of players record a double-double in the same game
- White recorded now has two double-doubles in the last three games
A Look Ahead
Looking to make it three straight, the Hornets will have to take down one of the most prolific offenses in the ODAC in Virginia Wesleyan. The Marlins boast the top scorer in the conference as Khory Moore is averaging 24.4 PPG. The game is set to tip-off at 4:30 p.m. on the Donald M. Forsyth Court in the Jane P. Batten Student Center.