Score: Lynchburg 94, Hampden-Sydney 76
Location: Turner Gymnasium
Records: Lynchburg (10-6, 4-3 ODAC), Hampden-Sydney (6-10, 2-5 ODAC)
40 Minutes Later
The Tigers got off to a hot start but the Hornets took a slow and steady approach which helped them win the race, 94-76. Lynchburg is a tough team to beat when they find a groove from three-point land and tonight was one of those nights as the Hornets fired 50% from deep. Despite trailing by 31 at one point, the Tigers fought back in the second half but in the end the lead was too large to overcome.
- Senior Zack Burnett is on fire as of late, after scoring 24 points on Wednesday night he has now scored more than 20 points in seven of the last eight games
- Rediscovering his shot from the outside, sophomore Connor Schroeder drained five threes en route to a 18 point, six rebound performance
- Senior Lyndon White made the Tigers pay from the free throw line, going 7-8 to accompany five boards, two assists and a steal
Beyond the Stat Sheet
- Burnett is now averaging 24 PPG in the past eight games and is now the second-leading scorer in the ODAC after the win, now averaging 19.5 PPG
- Lynchburg's offense is still atop the ODAC in scoring per game, now averaging 85.1 PPG and second in team rebounding with 41.6/game
A Look Ahead
The Hornets head to Crenshaw Gymnasium to take on the Yellow Jackets of Randolph-Macon who are currently riding an eight game winning streak. The game is set to tip-off at 2 p.m. this Saturday, Jan. 21 in Ashland, Va.