Score: Guilford 72, Lynchburg 60
Location: Lynchburg, Va. (Turner Gymnasium)
Records: Guilford (15-3, 8-1), Lynchburg (10-8, 4-5)
40 Minutes Later
The Hornets opened up the game on a blistering start, jumping out to a 10-0 lead before the Quakers called a timeout. Following the timeout the Quakers went on a 26-0 and never looked back. Lynchburg made several rallies and came within three in the second half but Guilford staved off each push and travel back to Greensboro with the victory, 72-60.
- Senior Zack Burnett is having one of the best stretches of his career following a 24 point, seven rebound performace
- Coming up just one rebound shy of his third straight double-double, senior Lyndon White finished the night with 12 points, nine boards and three assists
- The last of the three seniors, Jay Allen, recorded 11 points, three rebounds, two assist and four steals in 28 minutes on the floor
Beyond the Stat Sheet
- The Quakers bench outscored their Lynchburg counterparts, 15-5
- Lynchburg is now second in the conference, averaging 40.8 rebounds/game
A Look Ahead
The men will hit the road for Harrisonburg, Va. on Saturday for a matchup with the Eagles of Bridgewater (Va.). The game is set to tip-off at 2 p.m. in Nininger Hall.