Score: Emory & Henry 84, Lynchburg 77
Location: Lynchburg, Va. (Turner Gymnsaium)
Records: Emory & Henry (13-7, 7-4), Lynchburg (11-9, 6-5)
40 Minutes Later
The Wasps headed into halftime with an 11 point lead, thanks in large part to 18 trips to the free throw line. In the second half the Hornets continually chipped away at the Wasps lead and with just under two minutes left, they narrowed the gap to five points. The crowd was behind the Hornets but Emory & Henry drained their free throws down the stretch to depart the Hill City with the W.
- Sophomore Connor Schroeder returned to his scoring ways, finishing the night with 21 points including
- Tying a career-high in points with 16, sophomore Austin Wrighten was the catalyst for the Hornets on Wednesday night with plays that sparked multiple Lynchburg runs
Beyond the Stat Sheet
- The Hornets remain atop the ODAC in team scoring, now averaging 83.3 points/game
- It is the eighth time this season the Hornets have had four players register 10+ points
- Schroeder recorded his fifth 20+ point game on Wednesday night
A Look Ahead
The Hornets head to Harrisonburg, Va. to take on the Royals of Eastern Mennonite this Saturday. The game will be held in Yoder Arena with tip-off set for 3:00 p.m.