Score: Lynchburg 97, East. Mennonite 93
Location: Harrisonburg, Va. (Yoder Arena)
Records: Lynchburg (12-9, 6-6), East. Mennonite (9-12, 3-9)
40 Minutes Later
The Hornets earned a decisive victory thanks in part to a record-breaking performance from senior Zack Burnett and the bench coming to life. The Royals outrebounded the Hornets but Lynchburg were just too quick on the transition and escaped Yoder Arena with the victory, 97-93.
- Burnett dropped in 36 points, his fourth 30+ point game this season, while also adding three rebounds and two assists
- Coming off the bench, sophomore Connor Schroeder finished the afternoon with 16, going 2-3 from deep
- Senior Jay Allen populated the stat sheet, registering 11 points, five rebounds, two assists and a steal
Beyond the Stat Sheet
- Burnett broke the record for most 3PT made and attempted in the victory, going 10-16 from beyond the arc
- Freshman Evan Clark tied his career-high in points after scoring nine in the victory
- Lynchburg went 14-24 from deep, shooting a season-high 58.3% on Saturday
A Look Ahead
The Hornets return home and will play host to crosstown-rival, Randolph College, on Wednesday, Feb. 8. The Women's Basketball team will play first at 5 p.m. and the Men will tip-off at 7:30 p.m.