Score: Lynchburg 85, Hampden-Sydney 71
Location: Lynchburg, Va. (Turner Gymnasium)
Records: Lynchburg (15-9, 9-6), Hampden Sydney (10-14, 6-9)
40 Minutes Later
Lynchburg shot 52% from the field, including 33 points from senior Zack Burnett to earn a 85-71 victory over the Tigers of Hampden-Sydney on Wednesday evening.
- Burnett not only scored a game high 33 points, he did it shooting 69% from the field and 60% from behind the arc
- Senior Jay Allen contributed with 12 points while adding seven dimes and four rebounds
- Building off his strong performance from last week, sophomore Connor Schroeder dropped 15 points (50% FG)
- Senior Lyndon White pick pocketed the Maroons four times while also being the anchor for the Hornets on the defensive end
- After only leading by four points in the first half, Lynchburg outscored Hampden-Sydney by 10 points in the second half
Beyond the Stat Sheet
-For the second game in a row the Hornets were single digits in turnovers, turning the ball over only nine times in the victory
-Lynchburg converted 17 Tiger turnovers into 19 points
- Burnett scored 18 of his 33 in the second half, shooting 60% from the field in the final 20 minutes
A Look Ahead
The Hornets will close out their regular this Saturday when they host Randolph-Macon. Lynchburg will honor five seniors prior to the 4:30 PM tip-off.