Score: Lynchburg 62, Hollins 40
Location: Lynchburg, Va. (Turner Gymnasium)
Records: Lynchburg 4-2, (2-0), Hollins 2-3, (0-2)
40 Minutes Later
A tightly contested first half saw Lynchburg and Hollins seperated by 6 points, in the Hornets favor. Both teams stumbled out of the gate but were able to get settled in during the second quarter and the score would be 32-26 going into half. Coming out of the locker room, the next 20 minutes would be all Hornets. Lynchburg's defense perked up and held Hollins to 14 points the next two quarters and extemded their lead to as much as 24 in the second half.
- Netting 10 or more points for the third straight game, junior Caroline Naumann scored 14 while also adding four rebounds and two assists
- Senior Charmaine Hairston pitched in with 13 points, going 2-4 from deep, to go along with three assists and four rebounds
- Becoming a spark for the Hornets off the bench, sophomore Molly Shephard scored 10 points as a sub for the fourth time this season
Beyond the Stat Sheet
- The Hornets bench came in clutch, scoring 20 combined points in the victory Thursday night
- Senior Sarah Coronel set a career high with 15 rebounds on the night (5 off/10 def) while registering eight points and two steals as well
- 12 second chance points for Lynchburg were aided by their edge in rebounding, 48-34 over Hollins
A Look Ahead
A trip down to Rocky Mount, N.C. is next on the books for the Lynchburg Women's Basketball team where they will take on the Battling Bishops of North Carolina Wesleyan in Everett Gymnasium at 7:30 p.m.