Score: Lynchburg 70, N.C. Wesleyan 49
Location: Rocky Mount, N.C. (Everett Gymnasium)
Records: Lynchburg 5-2 (2-0), N.C. Wesleyan 4-3 (0-0)
40 Minutes Later
The Hornets and Battling Bishops fought hard in a tightly contested first quarter but for a second straight game Lynchburg bounced back after a slow start and took control of the game, outscoring N.C. Wesleyan 19-4 in the second quarter. Following the break, the teams found a groove in the third quarter but the Hornets were too far out in front for any type of comeback and the Lynchburg Women's Basketball departed Rocky Mount with a 21-point victory.
- Becoming a scoring machine down low, junior Caroline Naumann scored 18 points while also recording four steals and three assists
- Freshman Carolyn Noe swiped a career-high five rebounds which she accompanied with five points, a steal, block and assist
- Becoming the 6th Man for the Hornets, sophomore Molly Shephard netted 14 points while ripping down seven boards and swatting one shot Saturday evening
Beyond the Stat Sheet
- Shephard and the bench once again proved to be a difference maker for the Hornets, scoring 25 points compared to the Bishops six bench points
- In the last four games, Naumann is now averaging 17.5 PPG and 9.3 REB
- The Bishops committed 22 fouls, helping the Hornets make an appearance at the free throw line 28 times in the victory
A Look Ahead
Looking to extend their winning streak to four games, the Hornets will welcome Meredith College into Turner Gymnasium on Wednesday, Dec. 7th with tip-off set for 7:00 p.m. Last season the Hornets made the trip down to Raleigh, N.C. and defeated the Avenging Angels, 73-60.