Score: Lynchburg 89, Meredith 57
Location: Lynchburg, Va. (Turner Gymnasium)
Records: Lynchburg 6-2, Meredith 0-6
40 Minutes Later
Entering the game on a four-game winning streak, the Hornets picked up where they left off, averaging 22 points a quarter in a convincing victory over the Avenging Angels of Meredith College, 89-57.
- Sophomore Alex Allen recorded a career high 13 points and complimented that with two steals, an assist and four rebounds in the victory
- Going along with a season-high of 80% from the field, junior Brittany Afolabi-Brown also was perfect at the free throw line (4-4) on Wednesday night
Beyond the Stat Sheet
- The Hornets had four players score in double digits for the second time this season, the other occurence happening on Nov. 15th against William Peace
- Junior Caroline Naumann remains in the top 5 in the ODAC for rebounding (8.4/game) after she gathered six boards against the Meredith
- As has been the theme for most of the games this season, the Hornets dominated the paint and outscored the Angels down low, 50-28
- Lynchburg have defeated their opponents in the past four games by a margin of 22 points/game
A Look Ahead
The Hornets welcome the Cougars of Averett University to campus this Sunday for a game that is set to tip-off at 2:00 p.m. The Cougars defeated the Salem College Spirits, 85-63, last Wednesday and will take on Hollins University this Friday before traveling to Lynchburg on Sunday.