Score: Lynchburg 68, Randolph-Macon 55
Location: Turner Gymnasium
Records: Lynchburg (14-3, 8-0), Randolph-Macon (9-7, 4-4)
40 Minutes Later
The Yellow Jackets proved to be a tough test for the Hornets in the first half of the conference tilt on Wednesday, holding the lead 32-29. The second half though was a very different story as the Lynchburg outscored Randolph-Macon 39-23, thanks in large part to an up tempo offense and smart defense.
- Sophomore Molly Shephard went off, scoring a career-high 31 points including going a perfect 4-4 from the free throw line and added a three-pointer as well
- Freshman Alex Allen saw valuable time on the court and wowed the crowd with some beautiful assists, finishing the night with five points and seven boards
Beyond the Stat Sheet
- Shephard went 13-21 from the floor which were also career-highs and still sits atop the ODAC shooting 58.7%
- Lynchburg's defense held strong against the Yellow Jackets not surrendering a three-pointer all game to Randolph-Macon
- Lynchburg outrebounded Randolph-Macon, 50-32, despite the Yellow Jackets boasting the conference's leading rebounder
- The Hornets have now won seven straight and their conference winning streak is now at 18 games
A Look Ahead
The Hornets travel to the Hampton Roads area to take on the Marlins of Virginia Wesleyan at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday.