Salem, Va. -- University of Lynchburg's women's basketball team enters the 2019-20 season picked fourth in the Old Dominion Athletic Conference's preseason coaches' poll, the ODAC announced Thursday morning at its annual media day at the Salem Civic Center.
The Hornets collected 99 points in the ballot, well behind third-place Randolph-Macon (123) and just ahead of fifth-chosen Emory & Henry and Roanoke (95 each).
Guilford earned the top nod from the ODAC's coaches with seven first-place votes and 139 points, trailed by Washington and Lee, which garnered 127 points and three first-place choices. Randolph-Macon claimed the other three first-place tallies.
Defending league champion Shenandoah was picked seventh, with 92 points.
Lynchburg is looking to build off a 2018-19 season that saw the Hornets to a 13-13 overall record, 11-7 in the conference, and yet again reached the league tournament's quarterfinal round.
This season is scheduled to begin Sunday, Nov. 10, when the Hornets will play host to Meredith at noon.
Visit Lynchburg athletics' home online, LynchburgSports.com, anytime for up-to-the-minute news on all Hornets sports and coverage from the Lynchburg Hornets Sports Network. Click here to sign up for email and text alerts from Lynchburg athletics.
2019-20 ODAC WOMEN'S BASKETBALL COACHES POLL
1. Guilford College (7) -- 139 pts.
2. Washington and Lee University (3) -- 127 pts.
3. Randolph-Macon College (3) -- 123 pts.
4. University of Lynchburg -- 99 pts.
5. Emory & Henry College -- 95 pts.
5. Roanoke College -- 95 pts.
7. Shenandoah University -- 92 pts.
8. Virginia Wesleyan University -- 60 pts.
9. Eastern Mennonite University -- 59 pts.
10. Bridgewater College -- 53 pts.
11. Hollins University -- 30 pts.
12. Ferrum College -- 24 pts.
13. Randolph College -- 18 pts.